The Science & Technology Committee's resource page, The FACTS on Global Climate Change, is designed to provide useful information on the subject, from the basics all the way to what's being done to combat climate change. Click on a category below to find out more.
FAQ's - Learn the basics, such as what's causing climate change, the difference between climate change and global warming, what are the major greenhouse gases and more.
Potential Impacts of Climate Change - The effects of climate change can range from altered rainfall patterns, to rising sea levels, to daily life for plants and animals.
R&D Initiatives - Research and development programs to help alleviate climate change are already underway. They all seek to provide different sources of energy without the emission of harmful greenhouse gases.
Legislation - Find out what Members of Congress are doing to fight climate change.
Learn More - A variety of web resources to find out more on global climate change.
• (April 17, 2007) The State of Climate Change Science 2007, Part II
• (March 21, 2007) Perspectives on Climate Change
• (February 8, 2007) The State of Climate Change Science 2007
• (April 17, 2007) Committee Addresses Latest IPCC Report on the Affect of Climate Change
• (April 6, 2007) Gordon: IPCC Report Delivers Sobering Message
• (March 21, 2007) Vice President Testifies Before Joint Subcommittee Hearing
• (February 8, 2007) Committee Vows Action on Climate Change